CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The NICU and our stay at the hospital

Ready leave the hospital
Dad and Taggart before we left

Mom and Taggart Before we left

Blue Light Special in Room #9



I was cracking myself up, for how I did not want my facewash to spill. They let us room-in for free at the hospital so we had to switch rooms.




He's cute!





Isn't that the cutest little bum you've ever seen? We snuck sis into the NICU, you had to be eighteen and only one other person could be in there at a time with either Billy or me. My parents came, but we did not get a picture of my dad, and we also did not get pictures of Billy's parents. Marci was sick and wasn't able to come see him


Aunt P-nut




Grandma Mel




Aunt Sis




The first time holding him in the NICU



So I'm so excited, the day finally came, my baby boy is here. The words come that you dread to hear. He pooped inside of you, he has lots of fluid in his lungs. We're taking him to the NICU. I was so confused they took my baby and Billy went with them. I felt so helpless, I had to stay and let myself get un-numbed before I could go to him. Luckily they let me hold him before they took him. They told us that he would have to be down there at least for 4 days, they started him on antibiotics in case of pneumonia, and they were monitoring everything. Talk about the saddest thing ever, seeing your baby with an iv:( Taggart proved them wrong and was a fighter though. He never had to be on oxygen and he ate really well, getting his sugars up. He would have been able to go home sooner, but then he got jaundice. Seriously it seemed like every day something else was a problem. They put him under blue lights, but then let us go home with the billi-bed. A funny thing about us at the hospital is, I would randomly wake up and think I forgot to go and feed Taggart, Billy would tell me you still have an hour. Since I had to walk so far to get to him, I was always paranoid I wouldn't make it on time. I guess I was just really sleep-deprived!





















No comments:

Post a Comment