CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Finally in Labor

Taggart Billy Burk
June 25, 2010
4:21 p.m.
8 pounds 6 ounces
21 1/4 inches long






Just trying to enjoy being in labor!





My contractions kept getting intense, and so they were worried about the baby so I had to have oxygen.

Thursday, June 24 I took Billy to work and decided to go to the library and get on the computer and read my book. This whole day I had felt a little weird and was hoping that it may be the day. I texted Billy while at the library and told him that we needed to clean our whole house when we got home so that we would be prepared for when the baby decided to come! When we got home I layed on the couch and told Billy that I did not feel good and did not want to clean anymore. So we decided to play Lego Star Wars for a bit but I did not last long. I was starting to have contractions and they were like 13 minutes a part so I told Billy that we needed to keep my mind off of them. He wanted to vacuum first :) So then we went for a walk and my contractions changed to 8 minutes apart. It was weird, because we were talking and realizing that this really could be it. We headed back home and decided to play cards, but Billy wanted to pack his bag first cuz he wanted to be ready. While we were playing cards my contractions started being 3 minutes apart. But me being stubborn told him we were not going to the hospital yet, because I did not want to get sent home! I decided I wanted to shower and then lay down. Since the contractions were getting longer and more consistent Billy finally talked me into heading to the hospital. We got there and checked in around 3:00 A.M. They had me walk around the hospital to get me dilated more so they could start and I.v and get my epidural going. Billy is such a sport, cuz while walking around every three minutes I would have a contraction and have to literally squeeze him into a hug because of the pain. I finally gave up on walking and went back to the room. I got my epidural and told Billy I am comfortable now and I can't imagine anyone not having an epidural when it just takes the pain away! We played cribbage and I guess I was being silly from the medication, because I was singing Billy songs and laughing. It seemed to take forever to continue to dilate so that my baby could get here. Right when they finally told me I could start pushing, my epidural was wearing off, I seriously thought I was going to die! If I even moved an inch it hurt so bad. Billy was getting frustrated cuz they couldn't find the anesthesiologist to come get me more medicine. It took him 45 minutes. But boy was I glad to get more medicine. The nurse told me that it would take 1 hour to 3 hours to push, I was thinking to myself, NO WAY! I can't handle doing that, I was exhausted. I got him out in 40 minutes:)
p.s. I am getting frustrated trying to make the pictures go throughout my post they always end up on top :(

No comments:

Post a Comment