CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 16, 2010

Mission Reunion/General Conference/Easter Weekend

So somehow miraculously Billy didn't have to work on the Sunday of General Conference this time. I found out later that the miracle of it was cuz it was Easter and Sam's Club is closed on Easter. Anyway because Billy loves me, he let us come to Grace for the weekend, well most of it. Friday night we had our mission reunion, Billy was so excited to go, because this time all his other companions would be there that he hadn't seen. So I reluctantly went too, and I did have a pretty good time. It's such a blessing to me that we both know the same people, and that neither of us has to feel bored at the others mission reunion. It's something that we'll share and treasure with one another forever, as well as our love for Oregon!! We love the OEM!! I had all the sisters there touching my belly and asking me about being pregnant, it was funny. Then Billy had to work Saturday til 4:30, so I watched conference at our apartment by myself :( and then since we had everything already packed up to go, he got back and we loaded the car and headed out. We have found that from our place in West Valley that if we just take the legacy parkway out of the city instead of trying to fight the downtown/outta town traffic we get through much much easier. So now it's not even as stressful to drive to my house, and it takes less time. When we got to my house we had tacos for dinner and then just sat around the table and talked/laughed. It was good times. Then I finally got to play pinochle with partners again, hadn't played forever. We went to bed way too late. Got up and watched conference in the morning. Then we got ready to go down to Grandma Pats for Easter dinner/and the egg hunt. I finally got to see Torri again, which was weird cuz we both live in the same town and the last time I saw her was at Grandma Pats harvest dinner in November. We went and saw Grandma Mac, Grandpa Lonnie, Jeff, Teigun, in Grace. Then we went to Jer and Cami's to see Myan. She was born in October and I hadn't seen her yet. We also stopped in and saw the Merry Mickelsons Easter surprises, lol. We also had an Easter surprise from my mom. She got us both outfits, and our baby some onesies with cute socks, a movie, game, these sweet mini mag lights, and lots of candy. It was fun to get all the new stuff. We played cards again and then the next day we had to leave pretty decent time to make it back for Billy to be to work. Apparently something he ate for breakfast before we headed out must've somehow had milk in it, cuz he started to have a reaction on the way back. So we ended up having to switch and I drove back cuz he had to take a Benadryl. Luckily he never needed to throw up, cuz I probably would've too. So overall it seemed like a quick weekend, but we had a lot of fun seeing everyone and just being able to relax and not worry about work and school.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for updates! WOO HOO! So excited. Sounds like you had a fabulous easter! I'm glad! Stinks that billy got sick at the end.

    ReplyDelete