CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 16, 2010

Glucose Appointment

So I have been totally paranoid being pregnant that I would have all these issues with the doctor always telling me that I'm gaining too much weight, that I would get the gestational diabetes, that one day I wouldn't feel my baby move anymore and etc. So the time came for me to have to drink my glucose drink. I had to drink it in the morning without anything else. So it was like a sugar rush that was not good. I thought I would puke! Then I get to the doctor and really need to use the bathroom, but I have to wait til they call me back etc. So I finally get to use the bathroom, get weighed and then wait in the room for the doctor. I swear this time it took forever, I am just sitting there wondering what the outcome will be. My doctor finally comes in and checks the heartbeat and how far I'm measuring, then says that I have to wait a few more minutes for the nurse to come take my blood. He said that it usually takes them 1 or 2 days for the results, and that they will only contact me if there is a problem with my levels. So she finally comes in and takes my blood. Then I have two days where I am just waiting nervously to know if they are going to call me and tell me I need to come back and do the 3 hour test. Luckily they never called. I actually found out at my last appointment that all my levels looked great that it was not even a close call. So no more blood tests this pregnancy unless something goes wrong. So I'm planning on no way.

1 comment: