CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Owen One Month Old

It seems like we just had Owen, but also it seems like it has been six months already. I guess it is because of lack of sleep. At the doctor he already weighed 12 lb 10 oz, we think he's going to be big like Tagg. Guess we will see. Our little guy has been really gassy and the Dr said colicky. Which I can tell you is no fun especially at night. You feel completely helpless to soothe him when he just screams out loud and won't stop. We have tried the gas drops, gripe water, and are just going to be starting a prescription for reflux. I haven't noticed anything to help him out a whole lot:(. Last night was horrible, he wouldn't stay asleep for about a 4 hour span. I have heard that chiropractors help with infants and these symptoms, so I spent all of yesterday afternoon trying to find one who accepted our insurance. I found out today that our insurance only covers for children ages 6-20, so we are out of luck with that. I am praying that the medicine helps, so he and (mom and dad) can have some relief:). Owen is already wearing 3 month and some 3-6 month clothing, almost ready to switch to size 2 diapers, and is just getting more and more chunky by the day. He usually wakes up every 2 to 2 1/2 hours to eat in the night, I am excited for the day when that gets farther apart! He's starting to smile at us and loves when we talk to him. Taggart is so cute with him, because he just goes and sits by him and stares and rubs his legs or head. We can't wait til they can actually play together!
Owen with Great-Grandma Esther



Sleeping on his side

Couldn't resist taking this picture :)
Our lives have definitely changed having Owen here with us. Most of the time it is very exciting and lots of fun. But him being fussy and me not being able to help him is wearing on me. I just want him to be happy. My dad did always tell me that Amber (their first) was a perfect baby, then they got me (their second) and they put me in the bathroom at night cuz I wouldn't stop crying. So maybe I am getting a taste of what they had??!!

1 comment:

  1. O Alicia my heart hurts for you. Josie was so fussy, I cried right along side her for the whole first year. We had a rough start, It was so hard. I hope your boy gets happier. He is such a pretty baby and I love his name. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete