CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 21, 2012

Owen's Two Week Check Up

Two Week Stats
9 lb 14 oz-90th Percentile
21 1/4 in-80th Percentile
Head-37.5 cm-75th Percentile

We decided to switch Pediatrician's for when the new baby was born. We really liked our other one, but he was too far away and always so busy it was the longest wait. I asked around for recommendations and my ob gave us a name of someone he went to Medical School with. I really like my ob so I trusted his judgement, and now we are going to Southpoint Pediatrics to Dr. Buchanan. I was impressed the second I walked into the office, it is so light and open and very kid friendly. Completely opposite of our old office. But anyways, the Dr said that Owen looks perfect and is a big boy! He said that they like babies to be back to birth weight by two weeks, and Owen exceeds that by over a pound :) Owen is a good little eater, but is still sleeping more during the day than at night. He is waking up about every 2 to 2 1/2 hours in the night. The Dr said that was normal, but I hope it changes soon. I'm worried about him having reflux like Taggart, but we're not sure yet if he does or if he's just trying to eat more than his belly needs, or can handle. He had a little jaundice, but is now doing great. His cord fell off before he was a week old, and I was all worried because it took Taggart's forever to come off, but it was all fine, I also changed him to size one diapers at about a week old. I was getting sick of changing outfits every diaper change. Man does the laundry pile up with a new little one :)


First Bath at home

Laying by Big Brother who wanted to roll right on him.


 
Sleeping with dad, it seems we can fall asleep anywhere at anytime!


It's much easier to bathe him in the sink, he can't slip away from me.
Billy and I were saying how it seems like it's been 4 months already and not just two weeks. We think it's because we are so sleep deprived, ha ha. We're grateful for this new sweet spirit in our home, and can't wait to see Taggart's relationship with him grow. At this point I have to keep my eyes on him like a hawk, although he is super sweet with him too, we think he just wants him to play with him.

1 comment:

  1. Owen is so cute! He is growing so fast. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I'm sure you feel differently about it.

    I kind of think that he looks somewhat like Paxton but maybe it's because they're both so little still.

    ReplyDelete