CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Taggart's Eye Scare and our New car

Good-bye stupid Sebring, Hello Malibu
So, we have hated having the Chrysler Sebring especially since Taggart was born. Trying to put a baby in the back seat of a two door car is a joke. The seats were shaped funny so his seat wouldn't even sit right, and I was constantly worrying about him being safe. We had the sun roof duck taped and it seemed like there were just tons of things constantly going wrong. One day we are all loaded in the car heading to Billy's school for him to do homework and Tagg and I were going to hit the library, and the car wouldn't shift. We got off the freeway and took it to Pep Boys they said it sounded like a transmission issue so we would need a transmission shop. So we found a place called Tanner Transmissions, ( they diagnose for free ). We were very grateful for that, we found out they were going to need a new transmission and the car wasn't even worth what we would put into it. Thankfully my dad was able to pull some strings with a guy he knew to find us something we could afford. It's not the nicest brand new car. But it's new to us and I LOVE it!! I love driving around now and taking Taggart with me because it is so much easier and he is so much happier. Maybe one day we'll be able to afford a car that's more new, but for now this car is perfect for us.
Our poor little guy has always had a clogged tear duct since he was born. Each time we've asked the Dr. about it he has said that it will clear on its own and there isn't much we can do for it. One night Taggart and I went to pick up Billy and I noticed that his eye looked super super painful. I got a warm wash cloth and tried to clear it for him and decided that if it was worse the next morning we'd take him to the Dr. So Friday comes Billy had to go to school all day, so luckily Torri could take us. I called the Dr. and they weren't in (weird I know it was a week day). So they suggested I take him into Urgent Care. So we did and they made me so worried. They acted like if I hadn't brought him in the infection he had could be deadly (cellulitis) They had to give him a shot with lidocaine in it, I cried. Taggart never cries and he was screaming when they did it. It broke my heart. They gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and said if it looked worse or double in size between then and the morning to take him straight to Primary Children's ER. He's such a trooper! Billy and our friend Cameron gave him a blessing and he was doing great. It completely cleared up before the week of antibiotics so we were grateful. One plus out of this was that his eye no longer gets goobers all the time,,,now if something could get rid of him spitting up so much!!

Waiting for the Dr. to come in

No comments:

Post a Comment