CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mr. Mom

This past week I started my long term substitution job at Academy Park Elementary. This means that I have to leave my little boy home, but Dad gets to watch him most of the time. We sat down and planned menus to be able to be smart about grocery shopping and spending out time. It has been great that Billy has done such a great job with Taggart. Every day when I've come home the house has been clean, dinner cooking, laundry going, and my little boy is smiling. This makes this job bearable for me, knowing that Taggart is still happy even though when he wakes up he goes straight to my side of the bed looking for me:(
We got to go to the Aquarium on Saturday.
Oh My Goodness!! My Kindergarten classes have 34 and 35 kids in them. If you've ever tried to watch 5 yr olds, try that many. It is utter CHAOS!! Luckily for the first 2 days I had an aide to help and some help on Thursday. But sadly on Friday Mrs. Bradshaw had to be with her mother in the hospital, so I was alone. I was in tears after my morning class left. Nothing worked. They wouldn't listen or be quiet no matter what I tried. I felt like a failure! I was so relieved when I had a mom who volunteered for most of the afternoon class, and that class is just more mellow anyhow. Luckily the principal promised me that next week Monday through Friday I would have an aide all day. That makes me less stressed. I am so grateful that the 15th is coming, that is when the District surpluses their teachers. So our school will be getting another Kindergarten teacher by the 21st. I can do 2 more weeks, I can do it I can do it......Wish me luck!! I finish this subbing job when they get out for Thanksgiving Break.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heck, 35 kids?! I have to hand it to you because I'd go crazy! That's great that they'll have an aide to help out next week, and I think you definitely CAN do it. Those kids are lucky to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete