CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Good Ol' Caribou County Fair

Last year I took Taggart by myself to the fair, luckily we were able to work out Billy's schedule so he could come with us this year. It would have been hard to have him by myself I think. We headed up on Wednesday morning, on our way we had people cutting us off constantly and so I told Billy we needed to be careful, because someone was going to get in a wreck. Not even 5 minutes later heading up Sardine, a van headed into our traffic coming the wrong way, hit the truck in front of us and the car behind us. We were lucky/blessed to not have been in that accident. Luckily the worst thing that happened was that a little boy cut his forehead. I have never been in a wreck, this was the closest to it, they even had us fill out a report and everything. We were very grateful that it wasn't us and that Taggart was safe.

We showed up just in time for the show under the Big Tent, and it started pouring!!



Just eating a pencil, silly boy
Then we got to see Brooklyn's dance group. They danced to Katy Perry's "Firework".
Brook is the one in blue with dark hair, her little sister is in the shot in front of me.

Ashlynn and her partner
Then we got to watch the High School Dance Club. Ashlynn, Brandon, and Jordan are in this.
Brando front left



My good friend Jennifer 'Lower' Phipps, haven't seen her in like 5 years!! It was so good to see her and catch up. I can't believe she has 3 kids :)


I haven't led the steers in forever. I helped lead them over to feed and water them. It was weird, because it's still second nature how to do it, but I was still a little nervous. 









After we helped them feed the steers we decided to head to Grandma Mac's to get ready for bed. Taggart was exhausted and I had a horrible headache. Billy and I went to bed at like 9:30, it was nice because the next morning when we got up just after 7:00 I didn't feel that tired, because I had actually gotten some good sleep. Taggart had to have a bath in the infamous sink :) I think he loved that he was so close to the water. I want one of these sinks when I grow up and get my own house :)



We wanted to try and make it to the Pig Show too, since Brooklyn shows in it. We were a little late but made it to see her show her pig for quality.  Just a side note I thought the pig judge was really mean to the kids, and needed to take a chill pill. We'll just say we were all glad that it was a different judge for the steer show.
Brookie with Squagg



Taggart flirting, he must get it from his dad ;)
Brooklyn did well enough and got a blue ribbon! Taggart just wanted to go and roam and walk,,,etc. So it was a long day. Billy was so nice to watch him a lot of the time so I could watch my siblings/cousins show. So after sitting for a few hours, the steer show finally started.
Brando

Tadd and Brando

My dad helping Jayden. Everyone was saying stuff about Jayden bringing a steer, but he came out and used the show stick and even held onto the rope. He also helped wash him and comb him. I think he did a great job. He didn't even get last place in showmanship :)

muffles

Ashlynn, her steer was acting up this day. He was fine until the day of the show!
I like this next picture, because it shows Jayden being Autistic! He did do really well though and didn't scare anyone or their steers.

Rhet

Kc helping Tess

Lily with Henrietta
I had pictures of all the cousins showing, but most didn't turn out. The Jorgensen's had 9 steers this year: Tadd, Brandon, Ashlynn, Jordan, Jayden, Kade, Daxx, Camm and Rhet. Too bad we all decided that it was the saddest year for our steers. They were just too small!!

You won't ever miss Ashlynn or her steer stuff, it will have lime green on it :)


Jayden with his blue ribbons and proof that he worked with Slinky! He gave him the name himself too!
It was so hot while waiting for the parade to start, but I think Taggart had more fun at this one. But he did just wanna walk right down the middle of the road and follow all of the floats.
Paizlee, Mel's little girl! The sun was blinding so we didn't get a smile. I sure think she's a cutie though!!

Tagg checking out some of his loot!

Duty and Gram


Grandpa driving his old car for the Gem Valley Performing Arts people.

Brookie's dance group

Jayden finally got to go on the rides. That's what we told him he could do if he showed Slinky. We wanted to take Tagg on at least one, but he was too short. Maybe next year??


Jayden wasn't sure what he thought about the Octopus


His lil' gangsta outfit!
Caught the end of the hypnotist show. Ashlynn was up there doing river dance.
We hurried to take Taggart



Then it was off to the Rodeo. I took Taggart last year, and it was easier then. This year he just wanted down. We ended up leaving early, because it was too hard.

Jayden's set up :)
We had a great time. We love when we get to see family and do the fun things that I grew up doing. It was fun to have a fair burger and just walk around the fair grounds. Maybe we'll see you all again next year!





No comments:

Post a Comment