CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter Weekend

For Easter this year, we went to Grace. We ended up staying at Grandma Pats this time around to make it easier to have somewhere for all of us to sleep. My Grandpa was the only one home, because Grandma just had a knee replacement. We had the house to ourselves. Friday we had dinner with my family and then my little sisters came down with us and we played Monopoly and watched Harry Potter on the big screen. They stayed the night that night, and Saturday Peanut came with Billy, Taggart, and I to Bancroft for the Easter Egg Hunt. Last year it was wet and Tagg was only crawling so we didn't take him. I was excited for him to go this year, because I thought he would have more fun even if he wasn't that interested. The age group was 2 and under. Melanie, Brantly, Paizlee, and Oaklee came too. It was fun to see them and let Tagg interact a little with Paizlee. It was so funny, because when the whistle went off this one mom rushed right in with her kid practically dragging him to get eggs. Ha ha, we found out later that was probably because she knew about their big prizes, like a bike and what not.
I was trying to tell Taggart that there was chocolate in the eggs. He was just so excited about how many kids were there. He wanted to play :)




Taggart got six quarters and a couple of bowling passes, and of course some candy. It was nice the hunt lasted like 5 minutes and then we were done:) Afterwards Mel and I realized we should've all gotten a picture together or at least one of the kids. I am sad I didn't get a picture of Oaklee because she was sleeping the whole time. Maybe next time!
That afternoon we just watched movies while Taggart took a nap, then went into Grace to visit Grandma Mac, Grandpa Lonnie, and Joslin. Joslin was making Taggart laugh so hard, it was cute.
Grandma Pat had these small apples, Tagg kept grabbing for one. We thought he just wanted to throw it. I finally gave him one, and it was so funny because he was taking bites and ended up eating half of it at least.

Loves to climb by Grandma's fireplace.


Playing Peek-A-Boo with Joslin
At Grandma Pats Taggart put his apple in the toilet, so Ashlynn took it away and threw it in the garbage. Boy was Taggart mad at her, but we couldn't help but laugh. We got him the other one and then he started eating it. After Grace, we went back to my parents house to eat and color eggs. Taggart did better this year, but I'm sure next year he'll really get into it!

Aunt Peanut helping Uncle Jayden color eggs too.



Peanut wanted to show us how using Kool-Aid packets make the colors stronger, it really worked :)

I forget how exhausted traveling is for me, especially being this pregnant. I never took a nap so Saturday night I was just ready for bed. I was glad that my parents church didn't start until 10:30 :) It was a really good Sacrament Meeting. Taylor and Sheldon Lloyd reported their missions, and we actually sat in the chapel, so Taggart did really well too. I wish I would've gotten a picture of everyone in their new Sunday clothes, my mom and sisters got dresses and Jayden got a new suit! Taggart loved going to nursery, I think he likes the one in Grace because it is bigger and they have lots of fun toys! He's growing up so much, it makes me sad that he's not going to be the baby anymore, but I know it's good for him too. After church we had a whole Thanksgiving Feast!! My dad made smoked turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, homemade bread, sweet potatoes, etc. It tasted so good I wanted more and more.
Our family

Me at almost 36 Weeks

Taggart loved trying to guide Skeeter into his cage then he would shut him in!


Then he decided he'd get in, but boy did he get mad when I shut the gate!

We had lots of fun spending time with family. It was great to reflect on the reason for celebrating Easter and to be with those we love. We hope everyone had a great Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment